Nail polish comes in thousands of shimmering, matte, glittering rich colors. But choosing the perfect color & type is difficult.
· Quick drying formulas that stay longer are available. But on the other side, they chip easily too. They should be used only in emergencies and should not be included in your daily makeup kit.
· Strong and longer lasting nail polishes are chip-resistant and do not need frequent touch-ups and are thus pretty good for daily purposes.
· If you are in a hurry and need a quick manicure for our nails, opt for light or sheer shades.
· Solid color nail paint is the most basic and simplest of all.
· Basic neutrals and mild nail colors are best for first meetings and job interviews.
· If you are wearing open-toed shoes, you can also apply the same shade on your toenails for the stylish look. Match your nail polish with your outfit. For an easy pick, try choosing the shade that is the second most common in your clothes to emphasize it.
· Since black and silver lend a bold look so use it only while dating, going to the parties or when you are going on outgoing with your family and friends. Tropical or bright colors for a date or dinner with the girls are good to choose. For an evening event, try a dark, more intense color
· Become a craze in college by doing you nails in uniform colors. You can try painting one nail in one color entirely and then use another color to paint the next nail and so on or paint the body of the nail with one color and tips with another. Dare to paint the nail in one color and the mascot of your institute on it in another color.
· Just as fashion trends change with the seasons, so should your nail color! For spring, think fresh, fun flower colors, such as light or candy pinks.
· According to skin tones you can choose-Fair Skin: Choose berry reds, as they nearly always have a bit of pink in them. Medium Skin: Choose deep burgundy or wine colors. Olive or Bronze Skin: Choose orange-reds, browns, or gold. Dark Skin: Choose strong reds, deep plums, or silvers.
Nail paint applying techniques-
- Apply thin coat of nail polish, let it dry and then apply another coat. Even if you want a glossier effect, go for more than two thin coats rather than a thick coat of polish as it dries sooner and lasts longer and do not chip off easily. To quicken the process, you can use the branded quick drying formulas, readily available in the supermarkets. It always handy to keep a cotton bud by your side to remove excess nail varnish on the top of the bottle, as it will prevent of it being glued shut by the drying of the color.
- It is advisable to use the remover and applying nail polish only once or twice a week to prevent your nails from drying. Even if you do this, be sure to use removers with built-in moisturizers to keep your nails healthy.
- Always store your nail polish in a refrigerator though a cool dry place is still a better option.
- For the French Manicure, use a white nail pencil to line the nail tip from beneath for that pure white clean look instead of white nail polish.& a hasty look can be achieved by using a neutral shade as the base paint and the white shade on the tips of your nails.
- Do not forget to a weekly hand massage to pamper yourself, increase your circulation and enhance nail growth, you can read article on nail care for that.
- To make the chip-resistant nail enamels last longer, submerge your freshly painted nails in a bowl of ice-cold water for 30 seconds.
- While running for the car, you will just need five seconds to put a wide stripe of a quick-drying nail varnish down the center.
- If your nail polish has chipped to an extent that touchups are of no use, better use the remover rather than trying to hide it under a coat of nail paint that makes the texture of your nails look uneven.
- You may sometimes even get away with cleaning the nails underneath, rubbing on the buffing cream and use chamois buffer for the healthy shine.
- Remember never to file the corner of your nails as it weakens them and make them brittle.
- Get fashionable and funky by doing your nails in a solid color and allowing them to dry. Then use a toothpick to make a diagonal line across your nails in a different color. More skilled artists can go for more complicated patterns of their own. You can stick the ready tattoos available in market, which really are cool.
- For club night outs or hot dates, try metallic glints; nail piercing, nail tattoos and embellishments. If your nails are not as long as you desire, you can opt for fake nails too.
- For shimmer and glitter, use a coat of clear gloss or sparkle on your dried nail polish. Silver glitter looks best on dark blue and black shades while gold glitter goes well with red shade. They are the best choices for bridal look or on weddings of near and dear ones and formal wear.
- And remember that no matter what color you end up flaunting, don’t put it on naked nails--colored polishes tend to highlight every bump and blemish you’ve got, so lay down a layer of basecoat first.