The skin is the body's protective barrier against the environment. We often take our skin for granted. Most people fail to realize that the skin needs daily care just like brushing one's teeth. If the skin is not taken care of properly it can become dry, flaky, cracked and inflamed. So try to follow these steps for a smooth & silky skin.
1. Each day when you take your bath or shower, try to use luke warm water. Hot water dries out the skin & removes the natural oils from the skin causing dryness.
2. Avoid using harsh soaps which dry the skin. Recommended soaps are Dove and Basis. Deodorant soaps are often very harsh and drying. Even better than soap are soapless skin cleansers such as Cetaphil Lotion and Aquanil.
3. Limit the use of soap to areas that develop an odor such as the armpits, genital area, and feet.
4. Take bath & then apply Vaseline on your body & again take shower for 2 minutes without applying soap , this will make your skin as soft as silk. Vaseline is best for severely dry skin and Lubriderm for normal skin. If you have oily skin you can skip this step.
5. When toweling dry, do not rub the skin. Blot or pat dry so there is still some moisture left on the skin.
6. Next apply a moisturizer to the skin. Concentrate on areas of your skin that become dry.
7. All areas that are exposed to the sun, such as the face, ears, hands, and back of the neck should have a moisturizer containing sun block or a sun screen of SPF 15 or greater applied daily.