Since much importance is attached to the fair complexion so lets start with some tips & treatments. Follow the daily skin care & skin care routine as posted earlier & also follow these specially for complexion issues-
- Boil neem leaves in water and allow to steep before using it as a face wash.
- Use a cotton pad to apply undiluted orange juice all over face and neck.
- Splash face with icy cold water to which powdered nutmeg has been added.
- Cucumber juice & Coconut milk combined in equal quantities may be applied as often as possible.
- Take 2 tsp of milk or curd massage slowly & regularly for flawless complexion.
- Gently massage coconut water all over face and neck to lighten skin tone.
- De seed and mash grapes, it may be applied liberally over face and neck.
- Ground Almonds to a paste using rose water or milk is said to make your skin fair.
- Make a paste using red sandalwood and rose water. This preparation not only whitens your complexion but also helps to fade away scars and blemishes on the skin’s surface.
- For normal skin mix 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a cup of yogurt, to make a paste. Apply it on face as a mask and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then clean it off with a wet tissue.
Few lotions that improve complexion & can be made at home are-
1. Lime flowers/Orange peel/Lemon peel -25gm, Distilled water -250 ml, Sodium benzoate -1/4tsp
Boil Lime flowers/Orange peel/Lemon peel & distilled water for an hr. Strain & let it cool .Add sodium benzoate to it . This is very good lotion for complexion .You can also add equal amounts of rose water for better results. Store it in refrigerator .Take the lotion on cotton ball & apply daily on skin .
2. Mix almond oil & honey in equal amounts & apply regularly before going to bed.
- Strain the almond paste through cheese cloth and remove as much water as possible. Spread the paste out on a marble board or a metal baking sheet and allow it to air dry till its the consistency of cooked oatmeal.
Add one beaten egg white and equal portions of rose water and alcohol. Stir to form a smooth, creamy paste. The alcohol seems to help everything come together better and helps to preserve the cream and it evaporates so that you don’t smell it.
If you wanted to you could even add a little almond essential oil for a creamier lotion. Just spread this stuff over your face and let it sit like a masque, rinse it off with tepid water and pat your face .