There are certain hair problems that we face in our daily life. Hair loss, graying of hair, dandruff, split ends etc are common hair problems. In order avoid these problems one should take proper hair care & balanced diet , though most of these problems are natural signs of aging or part of our genetic makeup, there are some simple preventative measures and home remedies that may help some of these hair complaints.
Hair Loss generally is noticed in one of two-ways.
1. Common pattern baldness, the loss is gradual. It can start as early as puberty, or very late in life.
2. Sudden loss of hair, or loss in clumps usually indicates a different problem. This type of symptom could be caused by a number of factors, including hormonal changes, medications, thyroid problems etc.
Cause of hair problems:
The cause of hair loss is most commonly related to
- Male gender
- Hormonal changes
- Medications .
- Temporary hair loss can occur in conjunction with a high fever, a severe illness, thyroid disorders, iron deficiency, general anesthesia, drug treatments, hormonal imbalance, or extreme stress, and in women following childbirth. In these conditions, a large number of hair follicles suddenly go into a resting phase, causing hair to thin noticeably. These can be treated by taking care & taking well balanced food.
General care of hair from loss:
1. Eating a balanced, healthy diet is important . The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
2. Don't rub your hair too vigorously with a towel, either. Many hair experts suggest you consider putting away the blow dryer and air-drying your hair instead. If you can't live without your blow dryer, try using it on a low heat setting.
3. Style your hair when it's dry or damp. Styling your hair while it's wet can cause it to stretch and break. And try to avoid teasing your hair, which can also cause damage. Finally, be careful when using chemicals - such as straightness or color - on your hair.
Natural remedy tips for hair loss:
- Massage the scalp with 2-3 drops of essential oil (bay, cedar wood, grapefruit, jojoba, lavender, lemon, rosemary, thyme and Roman chamomile., olive oil). Massage well into the scalp so that the oil gets into deep roots of hair. Wrap the hair and place a warm towel around it for 2-3 hrs. Shampoo the hair with a mild shampoo.
- Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning. One handful of these small seeds contains about 1,200 mg. of calcium and magnesium to ignite the required nourishments of your scalp not to loose hair.
- Take some yogurt everyday .
- Give last rinse to hair with a mix of some apple cider vinegar tea & water.
- Mix little warmer castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal number in some water and apply on the scalp at regular intervals.
- Scrub the bald portion with onions till it becomes red. Then applying honey, scrub the scalp once a day.
- Massage almond oil on scalp 2 to 3 times a day. Further hair loss will stop by doing this practice.
- Massage coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel into the scalp and hair. Leave it for ½ hour, and then rinse with warm water. Repeat 3-4 times a week.
- Massage honey with egg yolk into the scalp and hair. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then rinse to prevent hair loss.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week, is also good.
- Amla oil serves as an excellent tonic for hair conditioning. To prepare amla oil, put some dry pieces of amla in coconut oil and bring to a boil. Apply this oil on the scalp and see the wonderful results.
- For nourishing your hair, apply coconut milk all over your scalp and massage it into the hair roots.
- Mix equal amounts of amla, reetha and shikakai, soak them in water for almost twelve hours, boil the liquid until it reduces to half the previous quantity, strain it and use it to wash your hair. This shampoo protects the hair from damage by the chemical ingredients used in the shampoos available in the market.
- Massaging the scalp with a mixture of raw eggs and curd, or honey and egg yolks, helps. These materials provide excellent nourishment to your scalp and strengthen the hair roots.