Holi being the festival of colors is around could be made more colorful if proper skin & hair care is followed ,so here are few tips -
- Try using herbal & natural colors. Make colors at home experiment with different natural products available like henna can be used as green color ,turmeric powder can be used as yellow color ,dry rose petals & other dry petals of flower can be grounded to make powder & used as dry color (gulal).These things will not harm skin instead act beneficial for skin.
- Use barrier cream or oil(mustard oil is best) in generous quantity on all exposed parts of body .Let the skin absorb it for 15 minutes. Then apply waterproof sunscreen .Apply Vaseline inside nails, feet, elbows, at the back of ear. People with sensitive skin should avoid colors on sensitive areas of skin.
- Wear clothes that cover maximum parts of body. This will protect maximum parts of your body from colors.
- Massage hair oil generously on scalp and hair length ,this will protect hair from excessive dryness caused by colors.
- Shampoo hair immediately after playing with color & don’t forget to condition your hair. If hair is too dry then warm oil accompanied with hot towel treatment should be given the next day.
- For taking out color from skin -first ,use a good ,mild , moisturizing soap & warm water , Do not rub the skin vigorously with soaps, etc. to wipe the face of gulal but instead, opt for a cleanser or dip cotton in milk and wipe your face ,this acts as a good cleanser . Follow this up with lots of moisturizer, specially one that is meant for sensitive skin.
- Apply face pack made by mixing Gram flour & curd till it becomes a smooth paste then apply on face & massage gently to take out the traces of color left.
- Apply a mixture of glycerin, aroma oil or almond oil or baby oil on skin for healing the bad effects of chemicals in color.
- If skin is too dry then liberal use of moisturizer or cold cream should be done.