- 1 cup sugar
- Half a lemon for the juice
- 1/4 cup honey
Mix lemon, sugar, and honey in a bowl. Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes, until it bubbles into a smooth consistency. If you use the stove use LOW heat.Let it cool properly.Store it in a plastic or a glass container.
Before using microwave it for 20 seconds .
· 2 cups brown sugar
· ¼ cup water
· ¼ cup lemon juice
Pour the sugar, water and lemon juice all together in a saucepan, and heat it over a low flame. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid burning. Stir it until all the sugar has melted, and you have a thick brown liquid. Let it cool slightly before using it. It can be stored in a heat proof container for later use. Store it in fridge. It can be easily warmed up in the microwave. It a natural home made wax that can be used for waxing for arms, legs, underarms, upper lips and eyebrows.
· 1 cup Sugar (approx 220gms)
· 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (30mls)
· 2 Tablespoons Water (30mls)
Put sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan, mix and put on a low/ medium heat until sugar has dissolved and the solution is a clear liquid. Bring to boil for about 30-40 seconds and remove from heat (the wax should appear clear with slight yellow tint). Pour wax into suitable plastic or glass container and allow to cool .Keep refrigerated to store.
Instructions for waxing-
1) The hair you want to wax is at least 1/4" long, the wax needs something to grab on to.
2) Make sure your legs or where ever you wish to place it is clean and dry and dust area with baby powder or cornstarch if desired. Do not wax straight after having a hot bath or shower. Spread a thin wide layer of wax across your skin using the spatula ,butter knife or lollipop stick. The wax should be spread in the direction that your hair naturally rests on your skin. (If your hair grows in downward direction, then spread the wax downwards).
3) Take a cloth strip make sure that the cloth is washed properly before use and press firmly over the wax. Rub the strip with the palm of your hand back and forth 3-4 times.
4) Now take hold of the cloth strip at the bottom, and quickly pull off your skin in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
5) Most of the hair should be pulled off, if not then try again; your hair may not be long enough yet, or you may not have made the wax with the right proportion of ingredients.
6) Continue until you have removed all unwanted hair. When all hair has been removed, take a shower and apply shaving balm.During application if the wax becomes too thick to spread, put it again in the microwave for 15-20 secs again or keep the container on double boiler .Remember to always test the temperature before applying to the skin
7) This is a bit painful . But after awhile, it will make your hair growth less thick and less frequent. If you hold your skin taut and rip it out quick, it is less painful.