Spinach is the leafy vegetable that is available for almost the whole year It is really famous for its high iron content but it’s a myth . The iron content is good enough as compared to other green leaves ,it also contains vitamin K& A, calcium ,manganese, magnesium, high fiber etc ,altogether it is full of nutrients. It should be washed well before using & blanched for 1 min for sweeter taste. Now lets head towards the recipe-
2 medium boiled potatoes(cut in medium sized cubes)
2 cups of washed & shredded spinach leaves
1 medium finely chopped onion
3-4 cloves of crushed garlic
½ tsp of shredded ginger
2 tbsp of butter or vegetable oil
½ tsp of cornstarch
½ cup of milk
3 tsp of thick cream
½ tsp of nutmeg powder
½ tsp of red chili powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
Salt according to taste
Preparation time:-15 min
1) Heat oil in a wok. Add onions sauté till slightly brown then add ginger & garlic ,chili powder, turmeric powder & sauté for another 3-4 min.
2) Now add spinach n close the lid n cook for 3-4 min.
3) Now add potatoes ,cover n cook again for 2 min.
4) Add some cornstarch in milk n add in the wok & let it simmer for 3 min.
5) Now add cream & nutmeg , cook for another 2 min .
6) Serve with chapattis or rice.