Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are rich in carbohydrates, proteins, phosphorus, calcium and iron.In india they are famous by the name of 'kala chana'.
This recipe is slightly different from the normal kadi recipe( gram flour cooked with buttermilk) as i took coarsly grinded chana paste for it. Its amazing if eaten with rice or puri .
Black chick peas 1 cup (soaked in water for 3-4 hrs)
Thick Curd 2 cups (good if slightly sour)
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 wholr dried red chilies
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
pinch of asafetida
Few curry leaves(optional)
salt according to taste
ghee or oil 3 tbsp
finely chopped coriander
1 finely chopped tomato
Serves- 2 Preparation time-20-25 min
1) Grind chick peas in a blender keep it coarse don't make a paste.Keep the remaining water aside.
2) Heat oil or ghee in a non stick pan add the paste in oil and fry until it turns slightly brown & oil comes at sides.
3) Take out the paste .Take 1 tsp of oil/ghee put mustard seeds, asafetida,garam masala,green chilies,turmeric powder,chilli powder & garlic paste ,saute in oil then add the paste & saute again for 3-4 minutes until the paste mixes well with the spices, add curry leaves.
4) Then add curd & the water used for soaking chick peas & mix well ,see no lumps are there .
5) Cover & let it boil for 10 minutes ,keep stiring in between.Add more water if you want thin consistancy.
1) Heat 1 tsp of oil/ghee ,put some mustard seeds ,let then splutter.
2) Then add whole red chilli & few curry leaves.
3) Put it on kadi while serving & garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves & small pieces of tomatoes